Thursday, July 7, 2011

Serious Perks About Baby #2


I know I’ve mentioned a lot of these before, but I’m so excited about them that I have to make another list!

1. I know what’s going on. I’ve been pregnant before. I’ve delivered a baby before. I’ve taken care of a newborn before. I’m sure there will be differences, but not being so in the dark has been totally great.

2. We have most of the baby stuff we need already. Okay, if it’s a girl we’ll need some clothes, but that’s about it. We’ve got all the gear already, so if there’s anything that I didn’t buy last time that will make the whole ordeal nicer or more convenient for me (like a wedge pregnancy pillow), it’s not a big deal because we don’t have to buy very much at all.

3. The wait really isn’t so bad. I couldn’t wait for my first baby to come (and we had waited so long already before we knew he was on the way), but it’s not like that this time. Sometimes I’m terrified of being a mother of two (am I really going to be able to handle this?), so the months of pregnancy before me really aren’t that big of a deal. I want to make the most of the time that’s left of my first boy being the baby. I want to shower him with attention while I can. I even want to take professional family pictures of just the three of us because we’ve never gotten around to it. I’m excited for the changes in our family for the future, but I want to make the most of what we have right now. So I’m savoring the wait.

4. I’m not working out of our home! Yay! And YES! I don’t have the guilt of quitting my job during a hiring freeze when another lady in my office didn’t. I don’t have to worry about whether or not I’ll like being a stay-at-home mom because I already LOVE it. I don’t have the stress and demands and stress and stress and stress of professional life. I can nap when my baby naps and sleep in when he does. I have time to cook whatever I feel like eating. I have several friends who decided to be stay-at-home while they were pregnant, even before their first baby. I would never have let myself do that, but I can see how nice it would have been. Lack of work means a lot less stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment